Lower back pain remedies are effective in giving a pain free back but are often neglected by many because when pain is felt in the back, most of the people disregard the pain and allows it to subside. Remedies are only sought today if the condition is already advanced. As such, this article will enable to encourage all the people, who can find time to read this, to learn the remedies for back pain in such a way that they will be able to initiate those remedies efficiently when pain is felt. Remember, back pain may be a symptom of an impending disease, so to prevent of the worst occurrence, remedies are needed.
Back ache, lower back pain or lumbago is a discomfort in the back that ranges from mild to severe and varies from person to person. It is a very common ailment which has caused the people to be disturbed and It still continues to be a cause of worry, anxiety, and uneasiness in one’s life style at present. Pain may be in acute form as it occurs suddenly and pain can be chronic when it lasts for more than three to four months.
Lower back pain is occurring in young individuals whose work involves strenuous physical activity that caused their lower back muscle to be strained and traumatized. Poor posture can also be related to young ones when at work sitting and standing for long hours. Moreover, this is also occurring to older people due to the weakening of the body brought about by aging. It is also a very common problem among pregnant ladies due to the developing baby inside the womb that causes undue pressure on the lower back. It is then important to deal with the lower back pain remedies available for the suffering persons. This can be done on the comforts of your home or as advised by your health care provider.
- Hot and cold treatment which are applied alternately. The cold pack with the use of an ice wrapped in a towel is placed on the affected area as it numbs the pain and reduces swelling. Your hot treatment with the use of hot water wrapped in a towel is also applied on the area after the cold. Each treatment is done for 15-20 minutes exactly.
- Take a REST when pain is felt; get away with any exhausting activity and lie down on your soft bed for not more than 3 days. Exceeding in that day for a rest can weaken your muscles more. When you can already tolerate the pain, do some stretching and other light activities to keep you active.
- Always sleep with a thick and soft mattress and must ideally lie flat on bed with back against the mattress and soft pillow under your knees. That will help relieve lower back pain.
- Massage the affected area with castor oil which helps in giving good relief from the trouble of lower back.
Mild Stretching For Your Lower Back
(WARNING: if you feel pain while doing this, stop.)
- Lie down straight on the floor with a mat. Slowly raise your both legs upwards, until you reach the point where you are comfortable of the position. Hold your breath for some time and then slowly bring back down the legs.
- Lie on your back and your hands away from your body. Put your feet together. Do some deep breaths and relax and concentrate on your lower back. Carefully and slowly start turning your feet on the right and your head to the left. Hold in that position for as long as you can and take few deep breaths and slowly return to the starting position.
- Non-steroid anti-inflammatory over the counter drugs such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen and naproxen can relieve lower back pain and reduce inflammation.
- Anti-pain over the counter drugs can also be taken.
- Your doctor may prescribe muscle relaxants if you have frequent spasms in your lower back.
There are also lower back pain remedies that have been medically proven by the experts. These include:
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation or TENS
- Spinal Manipulation Therapy (SMT)
- Back Belts or Lumbar Back Support
- Magnet Therapies
- Percutaneous Intradiscal Radiofrequency Thermocoagulation (PIRFT)
Are you a back pain sufferer too? Learn how to get rid of back pain [http://www.getridofbackpains.com] once and for all with the tips that is shared on our get rid of back pains site.