Lower Back Pain Causes – Low back discomfort is common, it is estimated that over 80% of us suffer from it…but before we can select the best treatments for the symptoms, it helps to investigate the causes.
There are a number of lower back pain causes in people:
1. The Sacro-Illiac joint that connects the spinal cord to the pelvis often is the subject of abuse or mistreatment thanks to improper movement and lifting. When this joint is irritated it can cause severe lower back pain.
2. The low back is often the victim of poor posture, and having bad posture for long periods of time can often cause lower back pain.
3. Sitting for long periods of time ( like at our desks) may cause the joints of your lower back to become tired, and the muscles that support the spinal cord may tighten and cause back pain.
4. Even sleeping in the wrong position can cause pain in the lower back.
If you are suffering from low back pain symptoms and inflammation – and not some more serious underlying disorder like cancer, disc herniation, bulging discs, osteoporosis, sclerosis, scoliosis, vertebrae damage or one of the other more serious conditions… treatments are rather straightforward and can be very effective.
As always, check with your physician to determine the underlying problem causing your backache before you self treat or take any medications.
Prevention Virtually all of the causes of low back weakness and acute, severe pain can actually be avoided – IF – you ensure that you take good care of your lower back. Preventative measures to avoid the disorders are far more effective, easier, faster and less painful than going to a therapist for medication to relieve your pain after the fact.
Unfortunately, if we aren’t in any actual pain, it can be hard to remember to take care of your back as you perform your many daily chores and routines.
One of the best ways to prevent low back inflammatory trauma is by taking care of your spine and strengthening it – as well as your abdomen – with regular exercise.
Treatment For severe back pain relief, it is important that you strengthen your back muscles, they are what support the weight of your spine.
As mentioned, one of the bigger culprits is poor posture…those of us with poor posture often suffer from weak back muscles, poor posture is a main cause of the lower back problem. Treat your low back pain by working on your posture and it can be one of the easiest methods of chronic pain management available to us.
Surprisingly, your stomach muscles play a bigger part as one of the causes of low back ache than most of us realize.
So…to get lower back pain relief…
Exercises You also need to make the effort to strengthen your abdominal muscles, these muscles are what will hold your posture straight from the front. You need to work your entire core and strengthen all of your core muscles to ensure that you have good posture and a strong torso.
A simple set of back pain exercises done in 10 or 15 minutes per day will ease your back strain more than you may think. There are many exercises that you can do to help strengthen your lower back and core muscles:
- Lift one leg – hold your leg out in front of you for 10 seconds before lowering it slowly and placing it on the floor. Lift your other leg and repeat the hold for ten seconds. Do this five times per leg, this exercise will strengthen your lower back, stomach, and upper thigh muscles.
- Place your hands and feet flat on the floor, with your hands directly beneath your shoulders and your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. Lift your buttocks off the floor and hold your body perfectly still in the shape of a table. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds, then slowly lower your buttocks to the floor. Repeat 3 to 5 times. Move slowly, don’t jerk.
- Place your back against the wall and place your legs a couple of feet out in front of the wall. Slowly lower yourself until your legs are at a 90 degree angle and you are pushing against the wall to hold up your body weight. Hold 5 to 10 seconds, then lift back up and repeat 5 times.
Summary These simple movements are surprisingly fast and effective medicine for treating and preventing the lower back pain causes that eventually plague us all. Try it, you’ll like it!
Caution: what if you just can’t shake your Lower back pain?
I know how irritating that can be – to have the discomfort linger on and on…You need to learn one simple technique that works amazingly well…